Monday 17 April 2017

Evalutation For Movie Opening (Dear Diary) - Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


Throughout the entirety of this process, I feel my skills in abilities surrounding the subject have developed and enhanced massively. I came into the subject at the beginning of Year 12 not knowing anything about cameras, filming, editing or blog writing. I think now I can safely say I can do all of those things now with a partner sat next to me or even on my own.

Firstly, regarding filming, in our preliminary task I had very little knowledge of the functions of a DSLR camera. What we produced as a result of the preliminary task reflected a case of experimenting and trial and error. However, after watching videos, asking friends, being taught and experimenting I have learnt a lot. For example, I have discovered different shots and angles you can use while filming to achieve different affects such as; high angle shots, low angle shots, tracking shots, pan, point of view shot, establishing shot and many more. All these things I have tried and used and many we incorporated into our movie opening. Furthermore, I have learnt about the different settings available to use on the camera when filming certain shots in certain locations. You can adjust the settings so the exposure isn't to dim or bright, you can change the speed the shutter captures the shot the grasp detailed pictures and video clips. Again this is something I was unsure of when filming the preliminary task but now I have tried and applied to the movie opening project.

Secondly, the editing process, you can see from our preliminary task we just simply uploaded clips put them in order and submitted it to our teacher. However, after experimenting on Adobe Premiere and watching many videos on how to achieve different affects I feel this is one of the areas I have grown the most in my skills and abilities. I now can change the brightness and colour, add music, remove sounds, add different transitions, add text and tiles, overlap clips and sound and change the volume of sound on individual clips. All of these techniques we used whilst editing our main task and I believe it certainly showed our progress in our abilities.

Finally, writing blog posts, although it seems like an easy task I have actually learnt several new skills. I have learnt how to create and embed GIFs, how to embed YouTube videos, how to change the order of publication of each post and how to lay out posts so they look symmetrical and organised. Throughout the entire process of writing my blog posts, from the very first one I wrote until the one I am writing now I have learnt a few little tips and tricks that helped me achieve a better finish on my blog and allowed me to achieve as much detail as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evalutation For Movie Opening (Dear Diary) - Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product? Throughout the e...